Saturday, March 19, 2022

Prog Contest 2022: Round 1, Match 4 Results

Jeez, it's like a recurring nightmare - I keep voting for albums, and they keep losing thrilling come-from-behind matches.

Here's the way I saw it:

After three listens a piece, neither of these albums completely hits my sweet spot. Having said that, my vote is for Supersister.

I liked the Circus album early on, but they kind of lost me when they hit the long instrumental spot in the middle, especially the part where the flutes get all sour.

Supersister also had a spot like this, but they had a lot more parts that were melodic, interesting (to me) and up my alley.

Again, my vote is for Supersister. (Which probably curses them, as my picks are 0-3 so far this year. Sorry about that, guys.)

Yep, the curse of the cat people continues. As of late as this morning, Supersister was clinging to a 9-8 lead. Sadly, when the last two votes came in, they were both for Circus.

Final Result: Circus 10 votes, Supersister 9 votes.

Sigh.