Saturday, March 12, 2022

Prog Contest 2022: Round 1, Match 3 Results

I thought I might miss this vote, as I was on a cruise ship all week. I had asked my friend Jethro, who was hosting the contest to give me an advance heads up on which two albums he was matching this week. Unfortunately, he made a last-minute switch (it's not easy to match these things up), so I thought I wouldn't be able to stream the music while I was on my cruise.

Happily, I turned out to be wrong. I was able to stream music on the boat, so I was able to vote after all.

I kept my comments brief this time, because as you can see from my other posts, I was busy this week.

I vote for Mezquita.

The SBB has some tasty moments, but I've listened to it 4 times now, and some of it still bores me a little.

I'm finding the Mezquita consistently exciting. And I think I just have an affinity for that kind of Spanish music.

This time, the winner was right out front from the get-go, and in fact, for awhile I was the only vote for Mezquita.

It wasn't a total blowout, but the outcome was pretty clear all along. 

Final Result: SBB 12 votes, Mezquita 8 votes.