Friday, June 26, 2020

Folk Contest: Final Round Results

Well, this one was a forgone conclusion after the first day or two of voting. Our matchup was:

Amigo the Devil - Everything Is Fine vs. Fire on Fire - The Orchard

I voted for Fire on Fire, and I got my wish, as Fire on Fire won it all by a vote of 10 votes to 5.

I'd say it was a moderately successful tournament. The only negatives were: 1. Trying to get everyone to continually participate after the first round or two (it could have been worse. Most participated, but some lost interest after, or even before their picks were eliminated), and 2. Interpersonal issues. One guy got mad because I wouldn't allow his vote after the time limit. What made it even worse was his vote would have thrown the round into a tie, and there was another would-be late voter whose vote would have actually changed the result of the round. Ho boy!

Will I do it again next year? Probably. I'm stupid like that. I told myself I wouldn't, but by next year, I'll have forgotten what a pain in the ass it was sometimes, and I'll probably do it again.

Anyway, good on Fire On Fire. They're our tournament champions.