Sunday, June 14, 2020

Folk Contest: Elimination Round Results

There wasn't a lot of conversation as to why people voted the way they voted, as by this time, we were all pretty familiar with all of the albums.

1. Amigo the Devil - Everything Is Fine vs. Ksiezyc - Ksiezyc

I voted for Ksiezyc. However, Amigo the Devil won 9 votes to 5.


2. Augie March - Sunset Studies vs. Clem Snide - Forever Just Beyond

I voted for Clem Snide. But the winner was Augie March, by a vote of 9 to 4.


3. Matt Elliott - Farewell to All We Know vs. Gordon Bok - A Song for November

I voted for Gordon Bok, and for a while, it looked like he'd carry the day. But there was a late surge for Matt Elliott, who won, 8-6.


4. The Trees Community - Christ Tree vs. Fire on Fire - The Orchard

This was the only difficult vote for me. In the end, I went with for happy hippy vocal harmonies and voted for The Trees Community. Thus dooming them, of course. The final vote was Fire on Fire 8, The Trees Community 5.

So yeah, my pick lost all votes this round. Sigh.

Anyway, Amigo the Devil, Augie March, Matt Elliott and Fire On Fire all move on.