Sunday, May 31, 2020

Folk Contest: Round 1 Match 7 Results

This one was a barn burner. At first, it looked like The Trees Community had it in the bag. Then Strand of Oaks made a run, and took a late lead. Finally, at the last possible minute before I was going to close the voting, a vote came in for Trees Community, making the match a tie. At this point, I had to go out to ask another User to listen to both albums and cast the tie-breaking vote. He did, and we finally got a result.

Here was my vote:

The Trees Community - a group of happy Christian hippies harmonizing in the courtyard of a NYC Church in the seventies.

Strand of Oaks - more traditional dark Americana. Very lusty (and occasionally rapey) vibe throughout.

I liked both albums a lot, but at the end of the day, I'm always a sucker for the vocal harmonies. My vote goes to The Trees Community.


Anyway, our guest judge agreed with me.

Final result: The Trees Community 8 votes, Strand of Oaks 7 votes.

Winner: The Trees Community