Friday, April 24, 2020

Folk Contest: Round 1 Match 2 Results

So here was my vote for this match:

I found this to be a tough choice. 

Ksiezyc is experimental, and as such, it's inconsistent. Parts of it are beautiful and parts of it are dissonant and fairly unpleasant. (This is another one of those albums where my wife walked through during one of the dissonant parts where the women were just screaming, and asked me rather scornfully what the hell I was listening to).

The Jared Hart album is consistent, and decent throughout, but kind of generic and a little samey. For me, it doesn't reach the heights of the Ksiezyc LP, but doesn't hit the lows either.

My vote is for the Ksiezyc album.


This time, I was with the solid majority. 

Final Results: Ksiezyc 12 votes, Jared Hart 3 votes

Winner: Ksiezyc