Sunday, July 7, 2019

Prog Contest: Round 1 Match 7 Results

This one was tied briefly, until the eventual winner pulled away.

Here's what I had to say:

I'm ready to vote.

I liked the Evership album overall, although I found that I liked "The Serious Room" and the first half of "Island of the Broken Tree" much more than I liked the rest of the album. Like Friday, I also feel that it's a little dull in some of the other spots.

I found that the Spettri album sounded varied and colorful throughout. At times it rocks out. At other times it's slow and lovely. I also liked the obvious Keith Emerson influence evident in the keyboards. There are parts of the album that feel like they could have been missing cuts from Tarkus. And that last instrumental track is exquisite.

I'll probably buy the Evership track "The Serious Room" for download. However, my vote goes to Spettri.


However, as has been par for the course this year, my view didn't prevail. Evership pulled out to an early lead, then Spettri caught up. All of the late votes went to Evership, though.

Final Result: Evership 8 votes, Spettri 4 votes.

One more match to go in the first round.