Saturday, October 8, 2022

September 2022 Song of the Day - Correction

I totally screwed this up. I did a full write-up on September a week ago. Then, a surge of late voting changed the final results. And instead of creating an update as a second post, I accidentally wrote over the first one. So let's try this again.

For new readers, this blog entry refers to the monthly Song of the Day list on the Sputnik Music website. Each month, one User hosts the list and names a theme. Everyone then recommends songs in line with this theme, and people rate the various song recommendations. The list of August songs can be found at Sputnik Music Song of the Day September 2022.

1. The theme of the month was Songs About Nature.

2. Participation for the month was a little lacking. But because I was in the hospital/rehab all month and wasn't able to rate everybody else's songs, I chose to only offer up one rec. It was "Carpet of the Sun" by the impeccable Renaissance. Renaissance - Carpet of the Sun. It was pretty well received.

3. As I said, I didn't get to listen to any of the songs for the month, because I was in the hospital for two weeks and physical rehab for three, without access to much internet.

4. Guess I wasn't patient enough. There was a bunch of late voting, so the winning song was neither by The Hu nor by Revel, as I had originally announced. Instead, it was "Lamp" by Haruka Nakamure. Haruka Nakamura - Lamp.

Well excuuuuuuuuuse me!