Tuesday, February 4, 2020

January 2020 Song of the Day

For new readers, this refers to the monthly Song of the Day list on the Sputnik Music website. Each month, one user hosts the list and names a theme. Everyone then recommends songs in line with this theme, and people rate the various song recommendations.

I'll keep this in the same abbreviated format as last month.

1. The theme for the month was name your top-rated song of the previous decade.

2. My one rec for the month was my top song of the 2010's, "My Town" by Antigone Rising.

3. Since you don't get to rate your own rec, my highest rated song of the month was Black Sabbath's "Zeitgeist", a track I wasn't previously familiar with. The song was included on their most recent album, 2013's 13.

4. The highest rated song for the month, overall, however, was "Paradise Circus" by the band Massive Attack.

The link to the list, with the entire playlist of songs for the month, can be found at January 2020 Song of the Month.