Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Just Checking In

I haven't posted anything other than album reviews in more than a month, so I figured it's time I check in.

As you can see from my previous posts, I've been averaging  a couple of reviews a week for the last few months, not a bad pace if I do say so myself. Haven't been out for any live music since The Pretenders/Stevie Nicks show, but I do have tickets for some shows coming up, including a couple at Jones Beach, so somewhere down the line, I'll have some new shows to write about.

One item that caught my eye is the Montauk Music Festival, which is coming up the weekend of May 18-21 out in (can you guess?) Montauk, NY. I won't be able to stay the weekend there, but there are some interesting looking acts scheduled to play, and I live far enough east in Suffolk County to maybe shoot out there for a set or two over the course of that weekend. If I do, I'll write about it. Some of you may want to check out the website at http://www.montaukmusicfestival.com/.

Have a few new album reviews in the works that I'll write up over the next few weeks, including a review of an album by an exciting new Irish band from Killarney featuring siblings Paul and Steph O'Sullivan. I'll also be writing a review of Keystudio, a compilation album by Yes that kind of operates as a long lost studio album -- it's a compilation of the studio tracks from Yes's two Keys to Ascension albums. And I'll be writing a review of the brand spanking new Blondie album, Pollinator, which comes out this coming Friday. Good times!

For anyone who'd like to check out my User page on the Sputnik Music website, the link is http://www.sputnikmusic.com/user/divaman. The page will give you access to all of my album reviews (with classy album art for each review) and a few other tidbits.

It's May, and the summer is just barreling in. Hope you guys have some musical plans of your own for the warm weather months.