Wednesday, January 11, 2017

If my choice of reviews seems random...

Just a note to say that if my choice of the reviews I post on this blog seem random, they're really not.

I joined the Sputnik Music site last August, and while the site understandably seeks to draw the maximum number of views by focusing on new music, it also serves as an educational resource with reviews of classic albums in a variety of genres throughout the years.

What I've been doing is trying to fill in the blank spots. When I find an album that I consider classic or that I particularly like that doesn't already have a full review on the site, those are the albums I'm (mostly) choosing to review.

Once in awhile, I'll be inspired to write something more current just because I happen to be listening to it at the time, or occasionally I'll update an old review of a local artist I wrote for Good Times or Aural Fix and add it to the site. But mostly, I review albums because I love them so much that I just can't stand the fact that they don't already have a write-up on the Sputnik site. And the reviews I post on Sputnik are the reviews I copy onto my blog here.

So I'm not so random after all.  :)